To make the right decision for yourself, it helps to know what questions to ask.
You want to be well-informed and feel safe with your decision about joining a clinical trial. Many questions are answered in the Informed Consent form and process, but there are other questions to consider asking the trial team:
- How might this trial affect my daily life?
- How will my personal information be protected?
- Who will pay for the treatment? Will my insurance cover the costs?
- Is long-term follow-up care a part of this trial?
- How will I know if the treatment is working? Will the trial team give the results of the trial to me?
- If the treatment works for me, will I be able to continue using it after the trial is over?
- Who will oversee my care? Will I be able to see my own doctor?
- Does the trial doctor have any financial or other special interest in the clinical trial?